10.01.2009

More pictures coming soon

My new direction is this: taking two narrative ideas (one of my own invention, one that has been previously established) and executing each idea 3 different ways. This is in response to my inability to make decisions on a visual style; hopefully this will give me an idea of where I want to place the emphasis of my IP project, and how I want to execute it.

I am using the Fall of the Sun myth (of my own creation, which is, of course, not really original at all, but taking and reinterpreting various sun myths) as well as the character Geryon from Dante's inferno. Geryon is the monster of Fraud. It is interesting to me to see how Dante has adapted and reinterpreted Geryon to fit his own allegorical needs from his original roots as a Spanish king. Furthermore, its interesting to see how I interpret Geryon in my head, and how he takes on qualities unique to my brain (in comparison with other representations of the monster). He is already becoming something of my own creation....

I haven't been bringing the camera to studio, but there will be many more images soon. I actually have a ton of stuff to post- commentary on the Goonies, a mind map (or two) and some interesting links....

No comments: