12.27.2009

Progress over break....

Our family in NC got a new computer for Christmas. Ontop of being able to write a draft of my thesis, with Zbrush available as a trial download, a pen tablet here at home, and all of my 3D models stored on Mfile, I'll be able to work on getting my prototypes ready this week while at home!

My first goal is going to be to pose Balder for at least 4 of the dioramas, and the next goal will be to get the Sphinx and the Lady ready for prototyping. After that, I only have two more characters to build (an old robed man, and a shadowy figure for diorama #6).

After my IP midterm presentation (to which I received some great feedback) I'm considering the environment of the fourth diorama a little more and set in the back of my mind the possibility of upping the 'drama' in my first diorama (but that will only happen when I am in a comfortable position with the other 6 first). I sort of like the ambiguity of Balder's pose in the piece ("startled but unconsciously confident" being what I went for), but I think the Nightmare he's looking at could be a lot... scarier. We'll see....

No comments: